If you need to get help with your FOIA issue, please reach out and one of our attorneys will review your case.
In addition to other records that a public body may keep confidential pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Open Records Act, a public body may keep confidential:
1. Any information related to research, the disclosure of which could affect the conduct or outcome of the research, the ability to patent or copyright the research, or any other proprietary rights any entity may have in the research or the results of the research including, but not limited to, trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from an entity financing or cooperating in the research, research protocols, and research notes, data, results, or other writings about the research; and
2. The specific terms and conditions of any license or other commercialization agreement relating to state owned or controlled technology or the development, transfer, or commercialization of the technology. Any other information relating to state owned or controlled technology or the development, transfer, or commercialization of the technology which, if disclosed, will adversely affect or give other persons or entities an advantage over public bodies in negotiating terms and conditions for the development, transfer, or commercialization of the technology. However, institutions within The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education shall:
a. report to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education as requested, on forms provided by the Regents, research activities funded by external entities or the institutions, the results of which have generated new intellectual property, and
b. report to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education annually on forms provided:
(1) expenditures for research and development supported by the institution,
(2) any financial relationships between the institution and private business entities,
(3) any acquisition of an equity interest by the institution in a private business,
(4) the receipt of royalty or other income related to the sale of products, processes, or ideas by the institution or a private business entity with which the institution has established a financial arrangement,
(5) the gains or losses upon the sale or other disposition of equity interests in private business entities, and
(6) any other information regarding technology transfer required by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
The reports required in subparagraphs a and b of this paragraph shall not be deemed confidential and shall be subject to full disclosure pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Records Act.
Laws 1988, HB 1803, c. 68, § 2, eff. November 1, 1988; Amended by Laws 1999, SB 480, c. 287, § 1, emerg. eff. May 27, 1999 (superseded document available).